Friday, January 8, 2016

Welcome 2016

Happy New Year to you! We had a fabulous Christmas. Hope your Christmas was wonderful.
We stayed home for Christmas. Christmas Eve we had Mexican food (bought from restaurant). Christmas day we had Italian food. My son Nicholas cooked in the beginning of the week - Stuffed shells & Lasagna rolls that he froze. So the day of  Christmas I just needed to take them out of the freezer to get room temp then bake them. Dinner was great. All I had to do was mostly chopping veggies - awesome! Super relaxing day with family. Now up till a few days after Christmas I hadn't gotten to stitch. Went about 2 weeks no stitching but had a great time preparing for Christmas. One major accomplishment is that this year I completed a mini scrapbook - Journal Your Christmas. And as of today All completed.
Will share more of that on another post. I haven't taken photos of my book yet!

On New Year's day I started a new project "Shores of HRH". I joined a group of a few ladies on Instagram for a sal. The goal is to stitch one block every 2 months. The hashtag is #hrhshoressal. I've had this kitted up since 2012. I plan also to continue stitching "Sojourner". These are my main 2 projects for this year. This way I have plenty of time to also fit in other small projects.


"The Shores of Hawk Run Hollow" by Carriage House Samplings
36ct Vintage Meadow Rue by Lakeside Linens
All NPI silk threads

Here I made floss tags for my silk threads. Made tags, attached the label of silk, punched holes and all went on a ring. I like to have the labels so in case I run out of a color I have the color & lot numbers to reorder.

Progress on Jan 1st 2016 (sal started)

Progress as of Jan 3rd

Before Christmas I received this beautiful stitched angel ornament and card from Vickie!
Thank you so much Vickie!

On Christmas morning I opened my gifts from Lee. Oh yes I was a good girl and waited! Lee sent me so many beautiful goodies. I got hand lotion & talcum powder which both smell incredible - Roses! A darling robin stitched tag, a bag of trims and magnetic clips (which I have wanted). I love the colors of them.
Thank you very much Lee - I love everything!

This was the show stopper - a gorgeous pincushion cube Lee stitched. Each side has a wreath representing each season.
Winter

Spring

Summer

Fall
I absolutely love it Lee - Thank you from my heart. 

Santa (me) brought me these gifts - just what I was wanting, lol! Coloring book, card and markers.

My sister gifted this darling chart ( I really really wanted this one) and cute snowman buttons. 
Thank you sweet sister! 
Hope you are enjoying the new year and are getting to find stitching time. I wish you lots of blessings for the New Year. With my love and appreciation - Annette

31 comments:

Marilyn said...

Happy New Year Annette!
Great start on Shores.
What lovely goodies you received.
The cube is awesome!
Marilyn

cucki said...

Happy new year dear ❤️
Love your progress on shores ..it's a very sweet project
You received very sweet goodies
Hugs x

Vickie said...

Your two big projects are great! Glad you like the angel. :)
What a unique, magnificent pincushion cube from Lee!! She is sooooooo talented.

Unknown said...

That cube is a amazing -- WOW. I love your thread organization - that is a great chart and you have a great start.

New to coloring over the past year - only used colored pencils - would love to get a set of markers.

Thanks for sharing

Cindy's Stitching said...

happy new year. beautiful stitching gifts. lee does amazing work.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I absolutely love pincushion it is wonderful

Karyn said...

What an awesome Christmas you had, Annette, and such wonderful gifts! I am in love with Lee's pin cushion, she is amazing indeed...enjoy it all!
I love your start on HRH, I have had one of the HRH in my stash for years and years and never started it. I finally gave up on it and gifted to a friend...I can't wait to see your progress.
Happy New Year and Hugs

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Happy New Year, dear friend! I love seeing the stitched goodies. I bought myself a coloring book too. How fun! Here's to a great 2016.

Linda said...

Happy New Year Annette. Awesome start on Shores. You have so much done already. Lovely gifts also.

Linda

Andrea said...

Happy New Year. Gorgeous gifts you have received. A lovely start to Shores. Never crossed my mind to put NPI on tags. Mine are just in zip-lock bags along with the label, although I do write on the front of the bag colour and code too. I may have to do this, I have so many though, may take me a little time.:)
Have a good weekend.

blue star stitcher said...

One block every two months doesn't sound so bad, but I know I would get caught waiting until the very last week and then be so far behind I would never keep up! Lovely Christmas presents, I got coloring books for Christmas too, such beautiful designs they have now for adults.

Margaret said...

Great start on Shores! It's a fun stitch! Love all your presents too. So nice! Your Christmas sounds like it was so nice! not having to cook is always a bonus!

Blu said...

Happy new year!
So many gorgeous gifts. That cube is amazing!

Carol said...

Happy New Year, Annette... Your Christmas sounds wonderful and I like the idea of Italian food made ahead and simply reheated. We did a turkey dinner and I spent far too much time in the kitchen that day!!

Love your new start--it will be lovely in all those luscious silk colors, too. What wonderful gifts you received. I am in awe of Lee's cube--a true work of art!

Justine said...

What beautiful colours in your new start! I'm also in awe of Lee's cube. You received some lovely gifts.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

SHORES! I love that one...it is a WIP of mine. Should pull it out.
Vickie is a sweet lady and her charming ornament is stunning!
Love your tree (on the post before) and all your coloring goodies and your seasons pin cube. MY OH MY!
Happy New Year!

Beth said...

Annette - Love what you did with your silks - I've never figured out how to store them after using them and now I know what to do. Lovely gifts you received.

Frances said...

I will watch your stitching on Shores!! I'm embarrassed to say that is another chart that I have here, never opened--or stitched! I will enjoy seeing yours!
What lovely gifts you have! All are so special and beautiful!
Sounds like you had perfect holiday meals! You did that right!
Happy New Year!

Barb said...

I can't wait to see the progress on Shores. I have the chart but have not gotten any supplies for it. I do love the design! Looks like a great Christmas. Ours was nice and quiet too.

Brigitte said...

A great new stitching start for the new year. I also have Shores in my stash but will first have to finish my Houses before I go to the next CHS start. And wow, you stitch it all with silks. A great decision. Enjoy this project! And have a great 2016 full of stitches.

Weronika said...

Happy New Year Anette! That's a great progress on Shores! Nice way to organize your floss.

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful Christmas to me, can't wait to see your journal. Good luck with your two BAPs for the year - you will enjoy working on those, I am sure! Love that wreath cube, so pretty.

Annie said...

Happy New Year, Annette. Two nice biggies for the year. I'm not nearly that ambitious, but I'm sure you will do them justice in no time.

Lovely gifts from Vicki and Lee. I'm sure you will treasure them!

Penny said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas, Annette. You have some pretty colors to work with for Shores! Lovely gifts ~ the pincushion cube is just beautiful!

Shebafudge said...

What lovely gifts and a good start on your BAP. I just want to fondle your threads!

Jackie's Stitches said...

it sounds like you had a delightful Christmas! So sweet that Nicholas cooked!

You've had Shores kitted since 2012? Oh my, that means this has been a WIP for me for about 5 years. Ugh. This is the year to get it finished! Right?

Anonymous said...

http://www.nadaga.com/shop-products/hde-women-vintage-50s-pinup-girl-rockabilly-high-waist-retro-bikini-swimsuit-set-polka-dot-bustier-with-red-bottom-x-large/

KimM said...

Oh my - you are not only talented, but ambitious - You GO, Girl!!!
xxx

Karoline said...

Great start on Shores, it's looking lovely. Your present from Lee is stunning

Lumiruusu said...

So nice you have started the Shores I really like those Carriage House patterns...The gifts you recieved were lovely and The pincushion cube was very special :)

Unknown said...

If you want to find, a lot of interesting informations about this topic, and a lot more check this out Click