Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Merry Christmas Everyone! On Dec 16th I had came to realize that Christmas was the following week. Needless to say I had to really get a move on getting ready. I thought I had 2 weeks. Nope!!!
So no needle has been in my hand since then. And I sure miss stitching. BUT - I do have some photos to share with you of our decorations. This year I put up all of my mothers collection of Nostalgic House and Village series of Hallmark that she collected. Most of the ornaments had not seen the daylight since she had bought them. I continued to collect them and stopped after 2013. The Harry Potter tree is still up. That makes 2 Christmas trees. I also displayed some of the Hallmark Sound, Motion and Magic ornaments.
Oh good Lord what I went thru to get them to work. I had to find a older strand of lights to connect a few of them to in order for them to work. After testing and replacing about 4 strand of lights 2 days later I found a brand new set in a box that had never been opened and they worked.

I am have been enjoying every moment getting ready for Christmas. And I have a special story to share with you. The evening after I had finished decorating the tree with all my moms houses - I was thinking of her wondering if she would like the tree. And I was taking out all of the sound/magic ornaments and came across one in particular. It was a cell phone that has a recorded message. WOW! I knew my mom had recorded our son when he was about 3 years old. After getting the batteries in for it ( oh that's a whole story of its self) I played it. I was stunned. It was my mothers voice and my sons. For me it was the greatest most special gift for this Christmas. I know it was my moms way of telling me she does like the tree and was sending us a message.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas and many blessings to you for the New Year!
Oh I will be back before the new year - LOL!!!!




A selfie! I was gifted Queen Elsa and the ornament plays "Let it Go".
Wishing you lots of laughter, happiness and LOVE this holiday. With my love and appreciation - Annette

25 comments:

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Wow it is an incredible tree
Beautiful Christmas atmosphere
I wish you a Marry Christmas
Buon Natale Auguri
Giovanna

Brigitte said...

LOL about how you realized that Christmas is so near. When I was at the post office last Monday there was a loooong line of people carrying lots of envelopes and packages and waiting patiently for their turn. Good that everyone was in a good mood, even the post employees who were working really hard. There is usually a very stressful atmosphere at this time of the year. But the comments that some clients and the employees were giving just made everyone laugh - "never realized that Christmas was approaching so fast" , " what a surprise that Christmas happens again, and so fast", "could have sent the packages earlier but had to work in the garden" and so on. It was a funny time to spend at the post office, lol.

What a touching story about when you decorated the tree and heard her and your son's voice on the recorded message. This was really a very special Christmas gift for you. And your tree with the houses looks so good.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

cucki said...

Hello dear it's me cucki from South Africa
A happy new follower of your lovely blog
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas x

Justine said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Annette! I love your tree and those houses are gorgeous - how nice that you continued to collect them too.
What a treasure to find - your mother's and son's voices recorded for posterity. That must have meant a great deal to you.
Wishing you all the very best Annette!

Christine said...

What a beautiful tree!
Have a very happy Christmas

Marilyn said...

Love your skinny tree and all of your decorations.
Your Mom's tree is too cute with the houses.
What a great present with the cell phone ornament, how cute.
Lights and batteries are always a project, aren't they? lol
Glad you got everything to work.
Marilyn

Marilyn said...

Forgot to say.............
Merry Christmas!
Marilyn

gracie said...

Wonderful story and beautiful trees...Merry Christmas

Vickie said...

The tree is fabulous Annette. I am very touched by your cell phone ornament story. What a treasure!
Merry Christmas Annette!

Carol said...

How wonderful to read your story about your mom's voice on the ornament, Annette. I was just thinking of how my mother will never see my tree in person again as she can't travel easily any longer. I am still blessed to have her with us even though she is far away, though. I know your mom is loving your pretty Christmas decorations!

Merry Christmas to you!

Andrea said...

A wonderful tree and a beautiful story.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

Lee said...

Itschristmas morning here down south all preparation done have a relaxing Christmas eve up north and then enjoy a wonderful Christmas day happy Christmas

Cindy's Stitching said...

pretty decorations. Merry Christmas.

Linda said...

Lovely decorations Annette. Merry Christmas.

Linda

Barb said...

Your tree is beautiful and it must be so special to have all your Mom's things on the tree. How great that you got to hear her voice.

Margaret said...

Oh Annette! How special that you found that message from your mom and son! I'm so glad that happened for you. Something to treasure forever. I love your skinny tree -- so nice that you have your mom's houses. Merry Christmas!

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a wonderful treasure! It revealed itself at just the right time too. When I read about it, I thought to myself that I could see you doing it oneday with YOUR grandson! Sending you a hug and lots of love!

ALICE MARGAUX said...

A Very Merry Christmas and and a creative 2016, Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

Ellen said...

What beautiful decorations and what a touching story about your mother. You left me in tears.

I hope you are having a joyous Christmas!

Penny said...

Your home looks so beautifully decorated! And thank you for sharing your lovely story about hearing your mom's voice ~ a very special gift for sure. :) Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, Annette!

Frances said...

I love your tree! How beautiful and special!
I had an aunt that collected those Hallmark houses! She would set them up like a little village!
How special that you found the precious ornament that speaks!!! I know you will treasure it always!
Merry Christmas to you and I hope 2016 is a great year for you! Thank you for being such a sweet person!

Akila said...

Such a beautiful tree. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and an awesome 2016

KimM said...

Your tree is so beautiful. I didn't put one up this year - just didn't have the spirit, I guess. However, we had a scented candle (red) ..... ;0) Hopefully next year the tree! Happy New Year!!
xxx

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your tree is beautiful but the story is even more beautiful. I know your momma was looking down and was so pleased that her gift, made you happy! Happy New Year, Annette!

Unknown said...

If you want to find, a lot of interesting informations about this topic, and a lot more check this out Click