Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Christmas in July Stitching

Hello lovely friends! We had a very hot day here - 106 and will be hotter tomorrow. Hope your nice and cool.
I've been stitching and made a few items with my sewing machine.
I had seen on The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's web site - they had a very cute Christmas clear vinyl pouch that sold out very fast. After seeing on Instagram many people were signing up and had received their kits for their latest SAL Mystery pattern "A Very Merry Christmas Town". I couldn't resist and signed up the day before it was released. I decided to make my own clear vinyl pouch.

 Working with clear vinyl is new for me. I absolutely love the pouch I made. So nice to be able to see what's exactly inside. This is a fun SAL.

 Next I went ahead and made a Qsnap cover. The fabric is by Michael Miller called Pepperment Dot. I think the print and colors are so cute & fun. I've been enjoying using them. If you would like to make a Qsnap cover I followed Abbie's tutorial - the link is HERE

 For the mystery sal this is Clue 1 and I finished it today. I had all the supplies except for a few DMC threads. Hard to see in the photo but the fabric is 14ct Stardust Silver, DMC theads and the variegated green thread is "Dark Pine" by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe and for the variegated red - "Buckeye Scarlet" by The Gentle Art Sampler Threads. For the gold metallic thread - DMC Diamant D3852 (after having this in my stash I finally I get to use it).

 "Peace" by Hands on Design
14ct black adia - DMC 
I stitched up a few ornaments from JCS August 2015 issue with their Christmas ornament preview. This design is like Cathy's line of chalkboard patterns that she has out. The candy striped fabric I will be using somehow when I make this up, also I have a board that I had picked up from Michael's. This was another fun chart to stitch.

 "A Christmas Quaker Medallion" by Giulia Punti Antichi
36ct Navy Bean Lakeside Linen
Threads: Ninas threads - "A Prim Christmas", Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe - "Dark Pine".
The Thread Gatherer - silk "Wine & Roses"
This chart is in JCS August 2015 issue as well.

And I did get some queen stitches in Sojourner, not many but did make some progress.
Thank you for your visit. With my love and appreciation - Annette

26 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great projects Annette.
The pouch and Q-Snap set are so darn cute.
Sojourner is looking great.
You've been busy!
Marilyn

Hazel said...

Beautiful stitching! I love your pouch and q snap cover. X

Pamela said...

A hundred and six is just too darn hot! No wonder you are inside getting so much stitching done. Great work. I really like Sojourner. (Dare I tell you a hot summer day in Hokkaido is about 82 and we don't have many of those days.) Hope you get some cooler temperatures soon.

Annie said...

Love that pouch and q-snap cover set. I've never stitched on vinyl either. I have a feeling my old sewing machine might rebel if I tried it. But it is nice to be able to see the contents at a glance.

Nice holiday stitching projects. Love that striped fabric too!

Margaret said...

You are amazing with all you get accomplished! Love the clear pouch and the q snap cover. They go perfectly with the Christmas themed stitching! That Guilia Punti Antichi ornie catches my eye -- it's beautiful! Love the sampler progress too! It's hot and humid here. I assume your heat is dry heat? The humidity makes the heat awful. Ugh.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

It all looks good to me! I'm not really ready to think Christmas yet but I probably should be. LOL!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I am a new Follower of your Blog....

Wow...Your Clear Plastic Pouch is so cute and so pretty...a fantastic job in making this.

You are so very talented....I love everything that you have made and your WIP's. I wish I was as talented as you are. Very Beautiful WIP's.

I have a Blog and I would love for you to become a follower of my Blog and here is the link:

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

I love reading your Blog...I have your Blog in my list of favorite blogs to read now.

Happy Stitching
Linda K

KimM said...

WOW! What beautiful stitching - love all your projects -
xxx

Vickie said...

Everything Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery does is ADORABLE!
You do such fine work Annette.

Linda said...

Lovely stitching and finishing Annette. The Frosted Pumpkin design is adorable.

Linda

Tricia T said...

Well aren't you amazing?? What a great pouch! And Christmas'y Qsnap cover too! So fun!! I love the ornament on the black fabric. That will be so pretty finished up! I'm glad you are stitching "cool" projects with the heat so high. Hopefully it will keep you cooler, too!

Jennifer M. said...

Fabulous progress on your projects. I can relate about the heat. The humidity in South Florida is killer this summer with all of the rain we have been having.

Preeti said...

Wonderful finishes and lovely stitching!! I liked your transparent pouch:) thanks for the link to cover tutorial!!

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Great works.
So beautiful

Jackie's Stitches said...

SO cute Annette! I love your vinyl pouch. You should do a tutorial! I like that it's pretty much all vinyl below the zipper on the front. I Pinned the grime guard tutorial too. Yours is so cute!

Frances said...

You have really been busy!!! You always accomplish so much!
Your stitching is lovely, as always!

Beth said...

Clever stitching pouch and "Peace" is lovely Annette.

Carol said...

I really love your new ornaments, Annette--especially the one on black. Will have to check out that issue of the JCS magazine when I'm at work tomorrow :)

Great job on the coordinating pouch and Q-snap covers, too--that fabric is so cheery!

Happy August to you!

Stitching Noni said...

My goodness you have been busy! Love your q-snap cover and vinyl pouch :o)
The new Frosted Pumpkin mystery looks quite cute - can't wait to see more!
Hugs xx

Von said...

I love your clear pouch! Such a great project. :)
We've just finished up another heat wave and now have temps in the 90s again. Luckily, we missed a lot of it since we were at the beach for four days - yay!

Unknown said...

Great projects! I'm trying to resist the FPS Christmas Town because I have so many other projects going on but it's hard!! Love your vinyl pouch as well.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Annette, such lovely stitching - I cannot choose my favourite! I am off to check out The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Christmas Mystery SAL - looks wonderful!

Weronika said...

What a wonderful patterns you're stitching! Christmas stitching is great for such a hot days!

Brigitte said...

These Frosty Pumpkin designs really have something and I see them more and more on the blogs. Great start on that mystery SAL. And wonderful progress on your other projects.

Unknown said...

He told some creditors he would make a big push within his religious community to borrow money before Rosh Hashanah, but apparently he did not have much success.There is also another lawsuit against Antony Gordon.

Karoline said...

Great projects, the ornaments are very cute and Sojourner is looking lovely