Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas blessings!!!

Hello friends! Hope your well and hope all of you had a lovely Christmas. Christmas came to fast for me this year. I did pull it together and for the first time we did not put up a large Christmas tree. This is so not us but there was too much going on. We did have company before and after Christmas. On Saturday (2 days after Christmas) we hosted a surprise party for our son. Our son is now a graduate from college. We are so very proud of him. His friends were all in town for the holidays and they hadn't been all together for over 5 years since they grated from high school. It was the perfect time to get them all together. One of Nicholas's friends Christine was a sweet heart, she did all the contacting of everyone, got Nick out of the house till everyone was here. It was a perfect surprise!!! He was super surprised!
So much to share with you so please grab your favorite beverage and enjoy....

These are gifts I sent to Shirlee ( The Easily Influenced Stitcher) for our private exchange.

 I did take photos before wrapping them. Yes Shirlee has opened them now, so its safe to share with you.

 Ornament I made for Shirlee. It's a BBD chart "Peace" from 2012 JCS Christmas Ornament magazine. I finished it as a flat ornament, used chip board & covered it in fabrics!

 Here's a few gifts I sent to Lee and her grand daughter to add to their decorating for Christmas. It was all Lee's doing who got me looking up my dream tree - and that was how "Candy & Gingerbread" themed tree came to be. Oh did she ever stir the pot up here. And thank goodness because that' was our main tree for this year.
These are gifts I sent to Lee for Christmas. Yes she has opened them so its safe for me to share with you.

 This ornament was inspired from the 2 ornaments Lee had made for me. I loved her tassels so much that I wanted to try my hand at making one. Let me tell you - it was not easy. I added the beads like she had on mine and that was a challenge for me. But I do like how it turned out. The linen is by Silkweaver Belfast linen 32ct, - brandywine. I has this in my stash and thought it was perfect for stitching the angel in light colors.



 close up of the beading I added.

 Here is Lee's gift to me for Christmas. I waited to open all my gifts on Christmas morning:)
Can you see the globe & popcorn Hallmark ornaments? Those were gifts from one of my moms friends. Only the globe is mine. The popcorn one is Nicholas's!

 Oh what a lovely surprise when I opened Lee's gifts. A beautiful stitched pillow with the tiniest stitches and pretty trim & lace. And a calendar of beautiful birds of New Zealand. I needed a calendar for the New Year. Thank you so very much Lee! I love them!!!

 Had to show up close the Lee's beautiful embroidery work!

 These are gifts I received from Shirlee! Oh my goodness I was so surprised. I have to show you up close of what she sent.

 These beautiful ornaments were hung up on my stitchers tree immediately. My stitchers tree is in the entry way. No lights on it yet - LOL! I am leaving this tree up all year round. And I used a larger small tree for this year.

 Beautiful charts - "Hannah Tingey 1823" by The Scarlett House & "Angels Praise" by Plum Street Samplers. I love these charts. And a thread hopper & a needle threader by My Big Toe Designs.


"Proverbs 31:13 Sampler" by Primitive Needleworks, "Around the Robins Nest" by By The Bay Needleart, and "Christmas Cheer" by Just Nan. I can't wait to stitch all these. Aren't they gorgeous! Yep I got all teary eyed.

 This was the first gift I opened. I cried!!! "Busy as a Bee" by Primitive Hare and the fabric for the finishing.
Since we had to repair the bathroom it was a very simple Christmas for us.

 Shirlee also included all these teas. I love flavored teas. These brands are all new to me. They smell so good. The small round canister is a solid lotion bar for hands. It's wonderful and has a scent of orange oil.

 Here's a close up. Elmwood Inn teas - I think she may have visited there.

Thank you so much Shirlee for blessing me with your love and beautiful needleworks.
I was spoiled by Shirlee and I appreciate everything.

 I got in the mail a beautiful card from Anne of Dolls Musing  and inside was this precious hand crocheted star that I love. I have it hanging on my stitchers tree too! Thank you Anne for your thoughtfulness.

Gifts from Santa Nancy
 2 days before Christmas I received in the mail a large envelope from Nancy of Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. I was a very lucky winner of one of her 25 Days of Christmas Giveaways. The prize was a surprise from Santa Nancy.
I waited till Christmas morning to open it. I was totally surprised - LOL!!!
Here's a close up of what I won.

 Skeins of flosses from her 1840 Heirloom collection. Look at all these gorgeous colors. 
Left to right: Calico Pink, Calico Blue, no color name, Turkey Red, Old Brick, Rose Pink, Lavender w/rose tint, Shamrock Green, Rose Petals, Gingerbread, Cobblestone Brown, Forest Moss, Spring Green, Special Berry and Brass. 

 Four of Nancy's beautiful charts. 
From left to right: "Custom Family Name Sampler", "Home Sweet Home", "Black Bird Christmas Wreath" and "Black Bird Christmas Tree".

On Dec 22nd I went downtown to our Veterans Thrift store with my measuring tape in my pocket. I wanted to get a few frames so I could have some of the Christmas samplers on the walls. Found two frames, came home and that evening got the first done. Which is "Victorian Merry Christmas"  by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe chart that I was gifted last year by Nancy and stitched it. But it didn't get framed last year because there wasn't enough time. Well I am so happy to say I did it myself and it hung above our stockings.

Here's Hansel and Gretel framed. The frame was a not so pretty wood color. Came home and painted the frame white. This was done on the 23rd of Dec. All in time for Christmas.

I displayed next to Gingerbread Village Street that I had done last year. 


And here's our graduate son with his friends. Nicholas is the second from the left. 
I have been stitching and I'm going to do another post. Part 2 coming up.
Thank you very much for your Christmas cards and gifts. It was a different Christmas this year. We missed Nannie so much.  With my love and appreciation - Annette



11 comments:

Lee said...

what a lovely collection of Christmas gifts you have with so much to stitch it will be hard to decide where to start.

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a nice surprise for you son. Such awesome gifts. I love tea myself. Happy New Year.

Von said...

Congratulations to your college-graduate son!! I know you're so proud of him.

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful Christmas gifts. All that tea would go down nicely on a cold windy day, like it is here today. :D

Margaret said...

Congratulations to your son! So wonderful that you threw a surprise party for him and his friends. Love seeing all the gifts and exchanges -- you are amazing! Hooray for winning the Victorian Motto giveaway too -- yummy fibers! Happy New Year!

Linda said...

Gorgeous gifts sent and received Annette. Congrats to Nicholas.

Happy New Year
Linda

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations to your son! You did good momma!

What is chip board? I love the way you finished the BBD ornament. It's gorgeous, as is all of what you do. You are SO talented Annette!

Lovely gifts! Wishing you and yours a happy and safe New Year!

Chris said...

Woohoo Annette!
Congratulations to your son!
What wonderful exchanges. The stitched pieces are so wonderful. I love the way that you finished the piece for Shirlee. Wonderful new projects too. Your stitched ornament tree must look amazing. I love your stitched display of gingerbread houses, Hansel & Gretel is a great addition :)

Vickie said...

What a great idea, the surprise party for Nicholas was. :)
Lee's pillow is sooo pretty. Your ornament to Lee inspired me. I make angel ornaments for my mom most years. I have printed that pattern off from Aliolka.
You received very wonderful gifts!!

Brigitte said...

COngratulations to your son and I'm sure he was very happy and was enjoying his surprise party.

You have received such wonderful gifts from your friends, how generous they are. And so are you when I look at the presents that you sent out. Such lovely gifts just warm our hearts, don't they?

Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts Annette. I will look at that BBD design in the ornaments issue again. That's 2 now from looking at blogs that I need to revisit. Congratulations to your son.

Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year.

Frances said...

Congrats to Nicholas and to you for the wonderful party! Looks like it was a fun time!
What GORGEOUS gifts--both given and received! Just beautiful!
Happy New Year!