I finished stitching the skirt of Elizabeth Half Doll Pincushion. Also I started the assembling for it.
I worked on this last evening and was surprised how much I was able to get done. Mostly I spent more time on reading and re-reading the instructions and sooo happy to say I didn't need to rush to Joann's for any additional supplies like I thought I would. Very heavy with photos so grab a cup of your favorite beverage and here we go......
Finished the 2 upper bands of the skirt.
All done with cross stitching.
A view of the inside.
I measured my fabric making sure to follow the instructions and have a height of 7". Great!
After the top was gathered stitched I slip stitched the side seam closed.
And by the way I did have a nice overlap so there was plenty of fabric according to the instructions.
Had a set of chopsticks that so far is the correct height for the doll. I had a dowel stick for back up just in case. I was very surprised that the chop sticks are perfect!
Just a test after gathering the green silk at the waist. Not stuffed yet! So far so good!
Photo of wrong side out!!!
The right sides are facing are each other.
Now for the attaching of the skirt to the lining. I used a lt blue Duponi silk.
Wrong side of silk pinned to the stitched linen for the lining of the skirt.
NOTE: I stitched 4 threads down from the design and NOT 2 as the instructions suggested. I knew when it came time to turn right side out & iron the seam would take up some of the linen. And I was right.
I hand sewed all around attaching the linen & silk. NO WAY was I going to sew this with my machine..... SO HAPPY I DIDN'T. I was able to keep control of the 2 fabrics and did not have a chance of stitching too close to the design.
Full view of stitching 4 threads down to make the skirt.
Finished stitching by hand all around the design early this morning (Friday).
This is the right side showing after turning inside out and pinned for ironing.
I took my time and carefully rolled the seam to show some edging of the linen, then pinned it down.
Getting ready to iron in between the pins to make sure everything was lined up correctly.
Left lots of fabric on the top will trim after I measure according to the instructions.
Going to check to see of others who are stitching this SAL have any updates.
While writing this post my computer went blank. Now its behaving.....And Thanks to Beth I did back up all my files before finishing this post. While trying to get this laptop working I have been stitching on Ann Dale sampler again.
Thank you for your visit. With love and my appreciation - Annette